How Much Can A Mineral Loose Powder Cover - Put To Test Faces Mineral Loose Powder

Thursday, October 18, 2012

How Much Can A Mineral Loose Powder Cover - Put To Test Faces Mineral Loose Powder

So far we have seen how a  concealer and a foundation can individually help you conceal your scars. While concealer is like a spot treatment that you apply on your scars and other blemishes, a foundation gives a more holistic coverage. You can check out the individual posts Hiding Facial Acne With Faces Canada Vanishing Act Concealer and Cover-up Those Acne Scars For Flawless Skin with Faces Oil Free Foundation

Today we take a look at yet another product that claims to provide coverage along with some UV protection. Yes I am talking about a mineral loose powder by Faces Canada.
Faces Mineral Loose Powder
Faces Mineral Loose Powder

Faces Mineral Loose Powder
Faces Mineral Loose Powder

What the company claims
"FACES Mineral Loose Powder is an innovative non-comedogenic formulation which offers protection from harmful UV radiation and imparts a silky, irresistible touch to facial skin. It does not clog pores and is hypo-allergenic. It comes with a unique, spill-proof, easy-to-use applicator. Suitable for light to medium coverage on all skin types."


Faces Mineral Loose Powder
Faces Mineral Loose Powder - about

Product
The powder comes in a very cute packaging. It comes in a small plastic broad based bottle with a black screw cap. The cap has a convenient mirror on the top. Inside there is a sponge applicator head which attaches to the bottle and can be used directly to apply the powder to the face.

Faces Mineral Loose Powder
Faces Mineral Loose Powder
When you take off the main cap, you will find a screw cap with the sponge applicator. Unscrew this and there, as a protection for the powder, preventing it from spilling out, was a small plastic tray. You need to take this out and screw back the sponge applicator. The sponge applicator has holes underneath that can allow the powder to come through. The plastic tray need not be replaced once opened. The powder will not spill out as long as your sponge applicator cap is properly screwed on.

Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Usage
Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Usage

Faces Mineral Loose Powder
Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Dissected
 The powder is very fine and soft, goes on the skin easily without giving any feeling of being there.

My Experience

I do not expect a powder to have any sort of coverage on its own, just doesn't work on my oily skin and just doesn't work in a humid climate. This one claims to have light to medium coverage so I thought I would put this to test on my acne as well.

So I cleansed my face, dabbed a generous amount of aloe (as a replacement for my moisturiser - moisturisers break me out) and then took the little bottle out.

I took off the main cap and first dabbed the powder applicator on the back of my hand until I saw the powder coming out.  Then I dabbed the powder applicator all over my face and gently blended it all in with the sponge applicator itself moving it in circular motions.

My first reaction was a fresher appearance and skin that felt smooth to touch. But the skin near the active acne became dry. This did not surprise me as it happens with all my powders (compact/loose). Since I can't apply moisturiser I have to give the powder some time to allow my natural skin oils to reappear (skin is dry immediately after a face wash).

Watch out once again for a true photo of my face, before and after applying Faces Mineral Loose Powder. I really did not want to share these photos but well to get a true picture of the product I had to.
Bare Face(Left Photo): With Faces Mineral Loose Powder (Right Photo)
After around half an hour I re-took a photo but it still looked the same. So I figured the trick is to actually put moisturiser on your skin before applying this. Since I cannot use a moisturiser regularly I just have to wait for my natural skin oil to come to surface before I can apply this as a stand alone product.
On top of foundation it imparts a radiance and gives it a matt finish.
Faces Mineral Loose Powder with fuondation
With A Foundation As Base The Concealment Is Much Better
Even though the quantity is only 7gm this should last at least 4 months.

The claim about being water proof - well I don't think that works, a good wash with water and its gone. Overall I am going to put this in my purse to replace my existing compact.

Swatches

Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Powder Dusted Straight Out Of The Bottle To Show The Colour
Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Powder Dusted Straight Out Of The Bottle To Show The Colour - Ivory Beige 02

Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Applied With The Sponge Applicator And Blended
Faces Mineral Loose Powder - Applied With The Sponge Applicator And Blended
Details at a glance
Packaging: small plastic bottle with an attached sponge applicator
Fragrance: none
Texture: very fine powder
Conceal-ability: light coverage, for people with clearer skin you will notice it giving a natural glow to the face
Price: Rs 599 (7gm)

What I like
  • packaging - travel friendly, good looking, and convenient
  • good sponge applicator - feels soft on the face and spreads the product well
  • very fine texture of the powder
  • freshness it imparts

What I don't like
  • I wish this was a bit cheaper but I guess its ok compared to other loose powders in the market (and it is mineral based)
  • I wish this could provide more coverage (yeah, I wish some magical product would be my go-to product for hiding everything in one go!)

My final verdict: if you are planning to buy a loose powder or a compact, give this a shot. I am sure you will like it too. If you have too many blemishes use a concealer and then top up with this mineral loose powder for a daily look and it should look all natural.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the review ! very helpful !!i will definitely try this !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, mine is too oily skin....... have acnes tooo :( but revlon photoready compact is like a magic wand :) go for it :)after that apply mineral loose powder :) it works :) i bet u'ld like it fa sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. revlon photoready compact hides the acne? will it work in winters though?

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin