Hiding Facial Acne With Faces Canada Vanishing Act Concealer

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hiding Facial Acne With Faces Canada Vanishing Act Concealer

First post in the series on Hiding Facial Acne features the Vanishing Act Concealer from Faces Canada. Concealers comes in various shades to hide different discolouring problems on your face. But for any newbie or a non-expert, the safest bet is to start with a concealer which is the same as your skin colour.
faces-concealer
Faces Vanishing Act Concealer
What the company claims
“FACES VANISHING ACT Concealer leaves skin looking perfect. With its effortless application method, it glides on easily to help cover dark circles, fine lines and other imperfections. Its exclusive oil-free formulation makes it ideal for blemishes on skin, yet its light texture allows for undetectable coverage on all skin types.”

Product
The concealer comes in a very handy lipstick form. The packaging is exactly the same as the Faces Glam On Lipstick - gunmetal cover with the famous F of the Faces logo printed on its top.

My Experience

I really like the texture of this concealer, the creaminess makes it very easy to apply – I am not an expert on applying concealers but I found this very easy to use. The lipstick like packaging makes it easy to carry around but you need to be careful that you don’t twist the stick with the lid on or else you will end up ruining your stick – the creaminess will result in the stick getting stuck to the lid wasting a lot of product.

I apply it directly on my face and it goes on smoothly. If you use moisturiser as part of your daily routine you will find it blending in more smoothly. Some people prefer to apply concealer after their foundation – as a touch up to hide areas which the foundation could not cover. This is a good practise if you are planning to apply foundation. Because the foundation will cover most imperfections you will need only a little bit of concealer to hide tougher scars. But if you have scars and don’t want to layer on a foundation, the best bet is to hide those scars with some concealer and then dust your entire face with some compact powder or loose powder. This gives a very natural look and does not feel heavy for daily wear.

Now for the actual part of hiding scars on your face. The Faces Vanishing Act Concealer does a very good job of hiding scars that are light pink or red in colour. But if you have bigger acne or scars that are purple in colour then the scar will not be hidden completely – some of it will still show through. You can build up on the existing application of concealer to hide a bit more but it will end up looking cakey.

Now for the GORY before and after pictures of my face with the acne showing and then my face with just the concealer. Please note these are extreme close-ups so the picture with the concealer looks quite streaky – my face has only the concealer applied on the acne marks (I have not blended it all the way on my face)
concealer-before-and-after
Before Applying Concealer (LEFT) - After Applying Concealer But Not Blended (RIGHT)
As you can see the lighter spots almost vanish but the darker ones show through. One this else that I notices after applying concealer is that my facial hair seems to stand out more – but this settles down after some time when the concealer sinks in a bit. The whitish cast that you see in the picture is not so prominent in real life but in photos it does look quite white for my skin tone. I think with a proper primer underneath this concealer would do a better job.

Moving on to the staying power, I am not too impressed but not completely dissatisfied either. The concealer on its own lasts for around 3 hours. With foundation and/or loose powder it stays well through the day (6 hours).

Swatches
faces-concealer-hand-swatch
Face Vanishing Act Concealer Shade Swatch
faces-concealer-handswatch-spread2
Faces Vanishing Act Concealer Spread On My Hand (hides the blue veins)
Details at a glance
Packaging: lipstick like
Texture: smooth and creamy but non-oily
Fragrance: none
Staying Power: 6 hours with a good loose powder on top
Conceal ability: conceals most scars (except deep purple ones)
Price: Rs 399

What I like
  • Smooth texture
  • Easy to carry
  • Covers almost all blemishes (including under eye circles)
  • Blends effortlessly
  • Does not become oily
What I don’t like
  • Product can get stuck on the lid if packaging is not handled carefully
  • Does not conceal pores
  • I wish this would stay on longer
My overall verdict - it is a good product to have with you if you suffer with acne scars like me. It is non oily and suits my oily skin very well.

6 comments:

  1. Wowww looking nice....
    this available in India?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rasa This is available in India, you can also check online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds nice...would give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Megha, do share your experience after you try it out. You can always come back and leave a comment here

      Delete
  4. Faces is an nice brand, i too love it !! I use conceler because of my dark pathches on skin.I purchased Inglot concealer online from majorbrands.in.
    Inglot is also a nice brand. I refer you this site : http://www.majorbrands.in/brand/cl_2-c_2695/cosmetics/face-and-body/concealer.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin