Cover-up Those Acne Scars For Flawless Skin with Faces Oil Free Foundation

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cover-up Those Acne Scars For Flawless Skin with Faces Oil Free Foundation

Yesterday we took a look at how to hide facial acne scars with a concealer. I used the Faces Vanishing Act Concealer and it fared decently against my hideous acne. You can read the complete review at Hiding Facial Acne With Faces Canada Vanishing Act Concealer

Now if you want a  more flawless looking appearance or have harder scars to conceal then you need to fall back on a good foundation. Usually foundations are thicker and give more coverage without the need of a concealer but are heavier for daily use. The foundation that I gave a try this time is the Faces Oil-Free Foundation.
Faces Oil Free Foundation
What the company claims
"FACES Oil Free foundation is a water-based formulation, ideal for oily skin seeking sheer coverage. It helps make your skin appear radiant, healthy and re-energized without causing breakouts, leaving it fresh and smooth all day without clogging pores."

Product
The Faces oil-free foundation comes in a transparent glass bottle with a black lid. The lid has an attached spatula sort of attachment with a small head.
The foundation is liquid, non greasy and non fragrant.
Faces Oil Free Foundation Applicator

My Experience
I am simply loving this little beauty for daily wear. The foundation is so very easy to smooth out and gives such a nice air-brushed sort of look that I am in love with it already!

I take the spatula and dab the required amount on my palm (so that I don't contaminate the whole bottle). Then using my finger I dot the foundation all over my face and simply blend it out with both hands (just like you would blend out a moisturising product but not rub it in). It feels so smooth that I love doing this with my hands :)

Strangely the foundation gives me a very good coverage. It covers all my acne except for a big huge round one where I dot once again and tap gently to blend it in. The coverage is flawless and even though from very close up you will still be able to make out the acne (due to the bumpy skin) but at a distance when you look at your self in the mirror the face looks so smooth!

Below is (once again) the gory picture of my acne (left photo) and a picture of a layer of foundation blended out on the same area (right photo)
Acne (Left photo) - A Layer Of Faces Oil Free Foundation (Right photo)
But sadly after an hour the coverage sort of reduces such that the acne scars will appear (albeit a lot fainter) if you photograph yourself but in the mirror you see a relatively plain even self. Which is a little sad because you may walk out feeling all confident and later on realize that your photographs are showing all your scars!

The above photo was taken about an hour after applying the foundation and I did not realize that the scars had started to show through. But if you look at the skin (apart from the stubborn scars) you will notice it looks more even and fresh.

I usually have 'fresh beige' or 'sand' shades in my foundations (Neutrogena - reviewed HERE - Neutrogena - Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup) or Maybelline but this time I've used a slightly warmer shade than before because it gives a more even and natural look.

The shade I have is number 654 which is a warm beige. There are a total of 5 shades you can chose from.

The one thing that I find best about this foundation is that it does not become oily during the day. I wore it without primer and without dusting any powder on top - on its own it lasted me over 5 hours without any touch ups of any kind. After about 5 hours the coverage becomes less (maybe because I fidget with my face too much) so that the acne starts to show through. Lighter scars will still be hidden but overall the face starts looking bad as the scars start popping back.

It did not break me out and it feels lightweight on the skin - as if you have nothing on which is a huge bonus!
So overall I would love to use this for day wear when I am sure I'm not being photographed. For photographs I will have to pair this up with the concealer and see if it gives better results.

Swatches

Faces Oil Free Foundation Swatch
Details at a glance
Packaging: glass bottle with screw lid, lid has a spatula attached
Fragrance: none
Texture: creamy, non-oily
Staying Power: 5 hours without any primer or loose powder
Conceal-ability: very good (contrary to company claim)
Price: Rs 599 (30ml)

What I like

  • creamy texture
  • non oily
  • lasts for a good 5 hours
  • smooth finish
  • good coverage of blemishes
  • does not break me out
  • very natural looking
  • photographs very well in terms of natural looking - does not look made up in photos

What I don't like

  • packaging - difficult to travel with a glass bottle, I prefer tube type of packaging that BB creams have
  • in photographs coverage is more sheer than it looks in real life
My overall verdict - if you have relatively clear skin or only light scars, this is your go to foundation for all purposes. Since only a small quantity is required for the entire face this bottle should last a good time. If you require a more heavier coverage (like me) this is still your go to foundation for all daily purposes except if you are out to a party where you might get photographed. In such cases use a concealer along with the foundation on darker scars.

15 comments:

  1. Great review :). I too have this & liked it a lot.....do try Faces creme perfection foundation...it has got better coverage:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megha and thanks for sharing - I will put that on my list to buy once I'm over with this!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reposting Susan's comment (had to remove earlier comment as it had an advert link)
    You really don't need to cover up those bad scars caused by acne with a foundation, you should try to get rid of them forever, in my opinion. For me, a very good acne scar removal method was a fraxel St. Catharines procedure. Moreover, the treatment was simple, safe and affordable. Currently, my face is clear, clean, smooth and healthy. This cosmetic procedure really made me happier!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Nice blog. Do you need to visitor publish on mine someday? If that's the case make sure you inform me via e-mail or perhaps reply to this kind of opinion simply due to the fact We enrolled in announcements and will realize should you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I would love to. Please drop me a mail at the email id mentioned in the Contact Me section. Thanks

      Delete
  5. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to k now about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job! Dermatologia

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just makeup to cover up the scars, not any sort of treatment

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. The oil and gas industry is one of the most revenue-generating industries in the world. In fact, according to a report by Research and Markets, the global oil & gas industry collected revenue of $1,977,380.6m in 2017. However, the oil and gas industry is also among the most capital-intensive industries in the world. Operations taking place throughout the oil and gas industry incur huge capital investment. A huge chunk of this investment goes into the supply chain and procurement arm of oil and gas companies. Oil and gas directory were essentially developed in the ’00s to help reduce the time and cost involved within this ecosystem. This whole concept then readily went online, giving the oil and gas companies the ability to use it through their desktops, laptops or mobile phones. Oil and Gas Directory

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin