What's On My Lips - Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Aubergine - Review

Thursday, September 20, 2012

What's On My Lips - Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Aubergine - Review

Before I begin with my next post in the seires - what's on my lips - I have a request for all my lovely followers.
I have participated in a contest by Revlon where I have posted my nail art. I request you all to kindly spare 1 minute of your precious time and visit this link to vote for my post.
Please vote for my nail art https://www.facebook.com/RevlonIndia?sk=app_442667935747006&_=_

Coming back to the post -  this time its another lip gloss that I have recently acquired and am loving!
Its the Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine.
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine 
This was my first blog sale buy hosted by Shalini a couple of months ago. 

What the company claims
"Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather"

Product
Revlon colorburst lip gloss is a very good quality lip gloss It is thick in consistency, non sticky and has very good pigmentation resulting in a glossy, even appearance of the lips. 
The applicator is flat sponge tipped (not the cylindrical sponge applicators usually found in glosses)
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine 


My Experience
I simply love this lip gloss. The texture is non sticky yet extremely moisturising. It covers all lip lines and make them appear supple and full. 

The applicator makes it very easy to apply, application is even on the lips and you get the correct amount of product at a time which ensures you do not overdo the gloss on any one area of the lips.

The color Aubergine is a plum shade with a very gentle hint of glitter. It can be used on its own to give the lips a plummy pink tone or it can be applied on top of lipsticks to really make your lips stand out.

Pigmentation is good so this can be used stand alone at any party without the need of a lipstick. Staying power is good that it will last you around 4 hours if you don't eat or drink.
Even after a cup of tea/coffee you will have enough product on your lips to give you decent coverage. And you can smack your lips together to even it out because drinks usually take away product from the inner part of the lips.

Overall I am enjoying this lip gloss and I am glad I bought it (and at almost half the price too!)

Swatches
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine - swatch
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine - without flash

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in shade 034 Aubergine  - with flash

Details at a glance
Packaging: transparent plastic with a black cap
Fragrance: nothing noticeable
Texture: thick, moisturising, non-sticky
Pigmentation: highly pigmented
Lasting Power: 4 hours approx without any food or drinks
Price:  Rs 500 (some online websites sell this for Rs 475)

What I like
  • lovely plum shade
  • effect of plumpy lips
  • good quality sponge applicator
  • super glossy
  • great for topping any matte lipstick to give the looks an even look
  • lasting power
  • will suit most skin tones

What I don't like
  • price - well I got it for a discount but if this was cheaper we could stock on all shades :)


Have you tried any shades from the Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss ?

12 comments:

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin