L'oreal Color Riche - Blushing Berry - Review

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

L'oreal Color Riche - Blushing Berry - Review

L’oreal Color Riche range of lipsticks are generally very moisturizing, deeply pigmented, and smooth on the lips like a dream
The packaging is very nice – a soft golden beige with L’oreal Paris written on the outside as you can see in the pick below.
l'oreal color riche - blushing berry
I have the lipstick in shade 590 Blushing Berry.
l'oreal color riche - blushing berry
I don’t know how I get the rim of the lipstick smothered with the lipstick – maybe it’s the creamy nature of the lipstick J
Another closer look at the lipstick itself and you will notice L’oreal engraved on it – I really like this – I think this makes it look more classy.

l'oreal color riche - blushing berry
I generally have problems with all lipsticks in terms of staying power and this one is no exception. It gets smothered on the rim of any glass or coffee cup, and one drink is enough for the lipstick to get wiped off. The good thing is that it leaves behind a light tint so my lips still look rosy and the pigmentation of my lips doesn’t show through until I have had a meal.
My mom also uses this range and it gives a better staying power on her – I fail to understand why but any lipstick she wears does not get wiped off until and unless she has had a full meal – then too this lipstick would leave a light tint on her – unlucky me – it does not work that ways for me!
Here is a look at the swatch
Another closer look at the swatch – this time in sunlight – note that this is just a single swipe.

Now lets take a look at the lip shade after 2 good swipes – as you can see its comes out more pinky in color.
I like this lipstick for its shade – pinks generally look good on me and this shade can be safely worn during the day or night. Nothing too loud about it – and a single swipe is very natural looking as it hides the pigmentation. I also love the moisturization – super smooth indeed.
Details at a glance
Packaging     : plastic but a good quality
Pigmentation : highly pigmented
Fragrance      : none
Flavor            : none
Price            : Rs 684 (my husband got this for me as a gift so I'm giving the price as seen online)

What I like:
1. Moisturization
2. Color range available

What I don't like:
1. Staying power
Style Tip: if you apply concealer to your lips before applying any lipstick it will give you more staying power

1 comment:

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin