Diana of London City Glamor Nail Paint - review

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Diana of London City Glamor Nail Paint - review

Diana of London is a relatively new brand to most of us. A lot of their products are available on many online websites.
Here I will be reviewing one of their nail paints – Diana of London - City Glamour – Triple ‘S’ formula nail varnish with Vitamin E.
First look at how cute my nails look with this nail paint – I’ve been staring at them for so long!!!!

Diana of London - city glamour - jasmine

Ok let me talk about the packaging – it comes in a cute little glass bottle with a nice shape. The cap is a light shimmery bluish purple shade made of plastic.

Diana of London - city glamour - jasmine

The bottle mentions that the nail paint is toluene free (yayee!!!) so it is surely not harmful to the nails. The bottle also states that it is a nail varnish with Vitamin E which is again good for the nails.



The nail paint shade I’m reviewing is Jasmine (48). It is such a nice pastel pink with a hint of brown (not the bubble gum pink that usually comes in pastels). The moment I opened the bottle I was dying to apply it and I was so happy when I did. I am in love with the color. It’s so soft and gives the hands a very gentle look. Absolutely a must for my day wear collection.

Diana of London - city glamour - jasmine - swatch

The nail paint does have some smell (almost like nail polish remover) but it goes off in a second or two. The finish is satin smooth just as claimed by the company. I have applied this only for about 24 hours so can’t comment on the staying power but it has not chipped at all after a whole day of typing. And I am glad that none of it has come off despite my maddening hand wash sessions (yes I like to have my hands clean at all times!).

Diana of London - city glamour - jasmine

Two coats are needed to coat the nails well. The brush takes 3 vertical swipes on my thumb (which is same as all other nail paints I use).
Overall I am very happy with this nail paint.

Details at a glance
Packaging       : glass bottle with plastic cap
Pigmentation  : good
Fragrance      : smells off alcohol for a second when you apply the first coat
Staying power: too early to comment – looks promising
Price              : Rs. 210

What I like:
1.The colour (I love it!)
2. Satin Finish
3. Vitamin E content and toluene free

What I don't like:
1. Value for money – again this one is on the more expensive side for a nail paint

Style Tip: use this shade as a base for all your floral nail arts – it will look gorgeous

10 comments:

  1. wonderful shade!I've been looking for one such color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the shade .. I am big fan of neutral nude colors and if its a pink then I grin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty shade...:)my latest post http://cutenailstudio.blogspot.in/2012/05/nail-art-times-post-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you girls would love this shade - it is so lovely - I am wearing it today and I just can't get my eye off my nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can gift it to me tomorrow :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vish - don't know why your comment on this post got eaten up - I'm appending it here:

    Vish has left a new comment on your post "Diana of London City Glamor Nail Paint - review":

    loved the color Shilpa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is very pretty.. looks like one perfect goto shade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly love this substance it's astounding information and massive creator here you're really shocking.
    Delhi Girl Service Live News Update

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin